Hello! My name's Chelsea Taylor and I live in Eastern Tennessee! I am a 16 year old junior attending EHS. Grades mean a lot to me, I currently have a 3.7 GPA and on the honor roll. School is tough, but in my family grades come before racing. When I was fourteen I got my motorcycle license for the road; I was one of about 80 kids in TN. Also, I am the president of FBLA, Future Business Leaders of America and have competed on a national level in California for community service project. I volunter at a resource ministry know as ARM and the local animal shelter. I am on the power lifting team and in my first five months of lifting I qualified for the USAPL High School National Powerlifting Championship. I placed tenth in spring 2010.
I have been riding since spring 2008. I have raced two seasons; one on a DRZ 125 and one on an RM 85. I have captured the points in the Victory Sports Hot Summer Nights Series in the 85 - 150 four stroke air cooled in 2009. In my first year of competitive racing I placed fourth in the Victory Sports Ultra Series and won the Mega and Southern All-Stars Series. Without my sponsors, this would not have been possible.
I love hanging out at the races, I know almost everyone at the local tracks and races even if they don't know me! My favorite part about motocross is making new friends!
Riding from sun up to sun down would be my ideal day. I have a 2007 YZ 250 F. This season I am moving to the Women's class in the Victory Sports Mega Series. Also, I plan on catching a few races in the Victory Sports Hot Summer Nights Supercross series where I would be racing 250 C. This season brings many new opportunities.
I am extremely interested in getting some more sponsors behind me. I represent all of my sponsors in the best possible manner on and off the track. I take pride in displaying my sponsors with bike graphics, shirts, stickers and anything else my sponsors see fit. I am a very social person and will spread the word of my sponsors at the races. I am in the position to excel in motocross. I wouldn't be able to do it without the help of my sponsors and I recognize that.
1. I mainly would like to place in top 5 in the Victory Sports Mega Series Girls class. (accomplished)
2. Get my first sponsor! (accomplished)
3. Clear the step up at I-81. (accomplished)
4. Get out, have fun, get dirty, enjoy every minute of it.
5. Qualify for Lorreta Lynn's in the Women's class.
6. Have a smooth transition to my 250.
7. Qualify for the USAPL Power Lifting High School Championship in Varsity.
- Winning the points championship in the Victory Sports Hot Summer Nights Supercross Series in the 85-150 4 stroke air-cooled class.
- Placing second in the opening round of the Victory Sports Mega Series at Muddy Creek, which lived up to it's name. It was a horrible mud race.
- Clearing I-81's step up during the opening round of the Dunlop Hot Summer Nights Supercross Series.
-Pulling my very first holeshot at Muddy Creek.
- Winning the Victory Sports Mega and SAS Series in 2010.
- Finally getting at 250!
- At the last race I beat my main competition of the year, hard work really pays off.
- Meeting my new best friend, Savannah Gaston. On and off the track we are friends.