Not a member yet? Signup, It's Free

Personal History

How to get a Panama Electronic Affidavit

Anyone who plans to visit Panama should read the Panama Electronic Affidavit, even if it is only for a brief visit. To prove one's Panama residency, the Panama Electronic Affidavit must be completed. Anyone looking to rent a Panama apartment, or a Panama villa, should also take a look at the Panama Electronic Affidavit. Not only must you provide proof of your identity, but also proof that you are a resident of the country. Panama does not recognize American residency for tax purposes, as most countries do, so one will have to provide some sort of proof that they are a resident of the country.

There are many ways to obtain the Panama electronic affidavit in one's passport. For assistance, one could contact their passport office. Panama is part of the International Organization for Security matters (OAS). Any documentation, including passports and id cards, will be accepted at any American consular offices around the world. The Department of State doesn't issue American passports.

A person can also request a copy their Panama electronic affidavit from the Panama Canal Authority. There are several conditions to this service. Notably, if paperwork is not completed properly, a PCA employee may enter Panama electronically. Only the file name and a blank email address will be provided.

A person hoping to get their passport verified before they leave can use the sworn statement method. This method requires a person to swear in front of a clerk in a government office that they have been domiciled in Panama for six months or more. A sworn statement must then be recorded and sent to the PCA via mail. Any discrepancies in the information can be presented to the pertinent authorities.

A Panama electronic affidavit is not enough to allow a person entry to the country. The only major requirement is that the person must present an original signed certificate from their employer that states that they have been employed in Panama. Once a person gets a passport, they will still need to provide proof of identity and of residence through either a US bank account or an original Panama tax ID.

In certain cases, an individual may need to obtain special permission before they can use electronic entry methods. For example, if a person is going on holiday and they will not be in touch with the Panamanian law enforcement authorities for thirty days. The law requires that a sworn statement is submitted to the immigration authorities in order to verify identity. In situations where the document needs to be translated into a foreign language, then a translator will need to be provided by the Panama Papers company. The International Covenant on Translations protects the documents.